All The Preparation’s For The Up And Coming Duck Hunting Season!
It’s almost here, I’m a little sad because that means summer is coming to an end and with our weather this year we haven’t had much summer at all. Rain and wind almost everyday, not just a little rain but raining cats and dogs as they would say.
We will really know it is fall when the geese and ducks start coming in by the thousands from up north. We are on a migration flyway so they come in, in waves.
Getting ready for the season means to check all your clothes, blinds, decoys add a few if you think you may need some more and their may be a new kind that you are interested in. Especially check and clean all you guns that you will be using.
If you are camping like some do, this video will give you a real good idea to make your camp warm and comfortable.
Don’t forget all the other camping gear that you will need. We have ours all in one spot so it can be packed directly onto the truck.
In this video he is using his new Ice fishing tent for duck hunting and it seems to be doing the job. He explains what he does to ready it for camping in.
Other items that you may want to add to your preparations for duck hunting this year.
- Make a plan as to where you are going. Check out the area
- Taking a boat ? Get it out check everything over and even take it out for a spin to make sure it is all working perfectly.
- Make sure you brush up on your duck calling skills. You may be a little rusty.
- After cleaning your shotgun take it out and practice you need to get your accuracy back after the long winter
- Check all your decoys and do any repairs that may need to be done so that when you get out there things go smoothly.
- If you have a dog you should give him or her some practice because they to will be a little rusty.
- If you have a duck blind get it out and fix it up so it is ready to set up
- Make sure you have all you licences and regulations.
Continue on to page 2 for the video on his Eskimo Quickfish 3i tent…